A Boy is Looking at the horizons, what happens next will blow your mind… Sounds Familiar??
This is one of the trends that got more attention in the past year in the digital space, and especially on Facebook. you see a photo that most probably resembles a clickable video, but it’s actually a link, with maybe a an additional arrow or highlight on the photo itself, and then the title of the link goes something like:
- What happens next will blow your mind
- What happens next will make you cry
- You won’t believe what happens next
Let’s pause a bit and get back to when we were kids and our parents got us a surprise gift… which sentence will be more impactfull?
“Hey Jayme, I got you a doll from the Toy store next door”
“Hey Sweety… Guess what I did today??? You Won’t Believe what I found at the XYZ Toy Store!!!!”
of course the 2nd statement carried more emotional triggers than the first one… And would almost certainly grab the attention of the kid!
Now pressing emotional buttons almost ALWAYS impact the way you would perceive “what happens next”
The Tip for this week, is divided into 2 parts:
- BEWARE of Clickbaits which would be some tricky emotional titles to make you click… I’m not saying that they are harmful, just not to be too comfortable in that way that you lower your defenses about online content. (Most of Social Viruses on Facebook used that SAME method)
- Use – IN A SMART AND GENUINE WAY – the power of What happens next (moderately) in your campaigns, to create a deeper messages.
Here’s a funny Video that sums it up 🙂
Enjoy your Week!
Image courtesy of chrisroll / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Samer Chidiac is a Sr. Strategist, Author & an International Innovation Expert.
The Monday Tip Weekly blog is part of the “Influencing the Life of Others” project