Over the years, one of the legendary characters that influenced generations with his Epic life, lifestyle, charisma, cleverness and charm; his name was “Bond… James Bond”.
I would definitely go on and on about the characteristics of a James Bond-Caliber Life! If you’re a Man then you know what I would mean by that, the Cars, The beautiful women, The suits, the gadgets… but for the purpose of this week’s tip, it’s about one thing and one thing only… How he Handles a Mission
We all got things to do; daily, weekly, monthly tasks… a small project here and there, but when the size & sensitivity of that task or project is more serious… Then you’ll be on a MISSION.
Major Companies has the Mission & Vision that drives their existence towards a certain goal and which dictates how they act and handle most of their business and day-to-day operations.
But let us start by skipping the big talk, and focus on the small talk 🙂
- Be The Right Man or Woman for the Job: if anything, Bond has self-confidence, self-control, independence, and a mix of Charm and Danger… So work on your self, everyday… Take every opportunity to learn and be better than what you were yesterday.
- Know your mission inside out and pay Attention to Details: Bond wouldn’t start something before knowing all the details about it; he needs to be well prepared (Study all the details, know the enemy pretty well, and learn from Mistakes as you moves on) and he would do that by setting a Good Plan before he starts executing.
- Be resourceful and use all your resources: have you been the type of persons who bough something and thought it was very cool and useful, but for some reason you just keep it till the “right moment”, and ended up looking back at it years later with an “doh!”. The Time is NOW, Always is NOW to benefit from all your resources. Technology, your People Network, unused Favors, Gadgets… Don’t worry, when your box is empty, then you have room for MORE things!
- Dress to Kill: Well if you ever worked from home, you know that you could literally work while wearing your Pajamas and no one will notice… But what happen when you Dress UP to do anything… Your Self confidence will grow, you will automatically think smarter and your value for your self will increase… Same thing that you feel after cleaning up & washing your car, it will feel great to drive it. So take care of your self and Dress to KILL what can hold back the Success of your Mission!
- Like 007… Finish what you start, With Style: This one groups all the efforts from the other 4, and like James Bond, you Never Quit until your Mission is Done! and you finish it… With Style.
And like James Bond Said in 1967… “You Only Live Twice”
Have a Great Week!
Samer Chidiac is a Sr. Strategist, Author & an International Innovation Expert.
The Monday Tip Weekly blog is part of the “Influencing the Life of Others” project